Pages

Lush Cosmetics - Rose Bombshell

Thursday 25 February 2016

So, tonight I was REALLY feeling a floral scented bath, but I wanted something quite sweet too. Rose Bombshell gave me both floral and sweet!

I do apologise that my Rose Bombshell does not look that appealing - it's a bit worse for wear after being battered around by the post man! 

This product is a mother's day addition, so will only be available in stores and online until Mothers day (it may be online a little longer depending on the amount of stock). I am not even the slightest bit exaggerating when I say that this bath bomb stank out my room. My bath bits are kept in a couple of lush gift boxes with the lids removed. Considering the amount of bombs I have, and that I have duplicates & triplicates of some, this bath bomb really does have an extremely strong smell to be able to stand out above the rest of my products. For those of you who are popular with Lush, this bomb shares its scent with Rose Jam shower gel and of course Rose Jam bubbleroon. For those who don't know Lush that well, I will try my utmost hardest to explain the scent to you.... Basically, as you can tell from the name, this bomb is rose scented. What is so beautiful about this scent is that it is not the overall floral scent everyone thinks of when they think of roses - this bomb smells somewhat very sweet and almost edible (hence the term "rose jam"). This bomb contains rose absolute, geranium oil, siclian lemon oil and rose oil. 


As soon as the bomb hits the water, it starts fizzing instantly, causing this beautiful flood of pink to fill the tub. Surprisingly, you barely see the turquoise in the water - I'm not sure if this was because I was too engrossed with the pink or because it gets hidden by the pink. You can hear the bomb slowly fizzing away. 


Eventually, the bomb starts darkening in colour as it gets to the centre. As the bomb is finishing up, rose petals disburse from the centre of the bomb and start floating around the bath. Although this was a really wonderful touch, the colour of the petals was not that enticing and did look a little lost when they were floating amidst the pink water.

The bomb left the water a wonderful pink colour - a pastel pink, but not a really dull pastel pink, which personally I really enjoyed.

This was my first time trying this bomb as it is a new product this year. Overall I am in love with this bomb primarily because of the beautiful scent. I also love that you can use this bomb on its own without anything added as its full of oils to leave your skin silky smooth. My only negative comments are the rose petals - although these are a wonderful touch I just was not a fan of the colour of the petals, and they stuck to my tub at the end! I may pick up a couple more when I head to Oxford Street over the weekend before they go out of stock. If you are a fan of floral scents I beg you to give this a try - rose Jam is such a unique smell and you really have to experience it for yourselves to understand what is so enticing about it!

With magic, always.

Hay x



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS