Pages

Error 404 (Lush Kitchen)

Sunday 1 May 2016

First, before I get into this review, let me apologise for how long it has been since my last blog post - I have been so busy with my new job which I started last month, and life has been a bit hectic to say the least! The good news is (whether anyone actually cares or not) I should be getting a bit more free time after work/at weekends to start doing blog posts on a weekly basis.

Now that all the boring stuff is out of the way, lets get to the interesting part - Error 404 bath bomb. (I know, yet another Lush blog post).



This bath bomb is a Lush Kitchen product, which is only released a handful of times a year. Luckily enough, I was finally able to pick up 2 of these before they sold out; products go live at 8:00am and for extremely popular kitchen items like Error 404, they usually sell out in around 5 minutes as only a small quantity of the product are made. As soon as it hit 8:00am I hunted down this rare ballistic and snatched up a couple in my basket (and managed to check out before they were all gone!).

This bomb was first released by Lush as an "easter egg". This product was not released anywhere other than on an"unknown" page, which was only able to be found by those who knew how - like an easter egg hidden inside a video game or movie. The description of the product reads:

"When the cogs in your mind need a little time-out, sink into this uplifting rosewood and floral geranium oil-filled soak. Let its swirling, turquoise pool of shimmering lustre dazzle whilst cheerful orange flower absolute brings your mood into a positive dimension. Engage all taps and let the reboot commence."

The product is a wonderful egg shape(nice play on words there, Lush), and is COVERED in a generous layer of bio-degradable gold lustre, making this product spectacular to look at. Don't panic, guys - despite the amount of glitter on the product, and the fact that even touching the product for 0.5 seconds you seem to be covered in an endless pit of sparkliness, it surprisingly does not leave your bath tub looking like a unicorn just spewed up in it (I know, too good to be true, right?!). Once the product has fully dissolved, the lustre is barely even noticeable, and barely leaves any evidence in the tub once the water is emptied! Miracles do happen!

The smell of this product is probably one of the most delightful floral scents that my nostrils have ever whiffed. Geranium oil, rosewood oil and orange flower absolute make the most perfect combination, giving this bath bomb the most glorious, uplifting smell without burning out your nostril hairs. Honestly, I could just sit and sniff it for hours. The rosewood adds just the perfect amount of "woody" undertone to the product, whilst the geranium gives the product its main floral smell, and I think the 3 scents compliment each other beautifully.

Once the bomb starts to dissolve in the water, that's when the wonderment begins...





The bomb starts to disperse as soon as it hits the water, with the gold lustre floating along the top of the water, almost with a foam-like texture. It then starts to create paths of blue and green, as it slowly fizzes away around the tub. The bath bomb does not make noise, which is great considering this bath bomb is meant to help you unwind. Once the bomb is softly fizzing away, the orange smell really starts to come out of the bomb and fill the bathroom with a astonishing scent.


Once the bath bomb has finished its marvelous display, the beauty does not stop there! The bath water is left looking an alluring green colour, filled with splendid gold lustre gently floating around, making the water almost 3 dimensional. Even though the floral scent has become overtaken with the orange flower, the scent does hang around in the air for a while (my bathroom is next door to my bedroom, and I can still smell it, now).

I really enjoyed the experience of this ballistic, and I regret that I only picked up two of these - I am unsure when they will be making another appearance in the Lush Kitchen. I feel like this is one of  Lush's most unique products available and I am somehow thankful that it is only available in the Kitchen so that when you are able to grab some, the experience is out of this world.

If you have the opportunity to pick this product up, please do not hesitate! I was put off getting the product for a while as I was not convinced by the description of the scent, and I was seeing it being decribed as smelling like baby powder online, but I am so glad I decided to bite the bullet and give it a go!

With magic, always

Hay x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS